“The wind is rising, we must attempt to live.” en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_…
Mary Elizabeth Frye: Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep youtube.com/watch?v=MTOIfH…
“… mortally wound the bull in the bean market…” From 580 WILL agriculture stock market discussion today.
Hopefully, it is also legal for them to have STD. washingtonpost.com/national/hawai…
I used to care, but things have changed. reddit.com/r/explainlikei…
God Has Pity On Kindergarten Children poemhunter.com/poem/god-has-p…
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people that ask them! Or did I get this wrong? Or is this a stupid question?
“advanced polyhedral extruded polymer info solid” (i.e., dice) youtube.com/watch?v=UsaXEK…
A few of the papers appeared in JCAI (which sounds just like IJCAI
- Comparing Red-Black Trees and the Transistor Using GamyLax
- An Extensive Unification of Lambda Calculus and Reinforcement Learning
- Flexible, Wearable Algorithms for Web Services
- Study on Application of a Case for Robots
- Application Research for Robots Based on a Case
The original paper that detected these papers looks interesting.
Once you accept that it is somebody else fault, handling guilt becomes much easier.
1.5 million living Jesuses in the USA. No wonder this country is in a permanent state of crisis. bmj.com/content/347/bm…
“The world is what it is; men who are nothing, who allow themselves to become nothing, have no place in it.”- Bend in river, V.S. Naipaul
Outrageous, terrible, foolish, villany, stupid, shameful, folly, committed infamy. biblehub.com/jeremiah/29-23…
History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce, and later on by habit.
Tyche – goddess of luck… en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyche
For the three crimes of Damascus, I will forgive them, but not for the fourth. English translations get this wrong… biblehub.com/amos/1-3.htm
A More Intuitive Proof of Chernoff’s Inequality? sarielhp.org/p/14/chernoff/
I have a new (?) and more intuitive proof of Chernoff’s inequality (which, in my opinion, is also more fun, and contains less awful calculations). This writeup might be useful in teaching this inequality to innocent victims. The writeup is here [PDF].
Comments are welcome…
Ouch. SoCG 2014 was a massacre of the innocents: 2/5. See y’all in Kyoto…
Go Sir, gallop and don’t forget that the world was made in six days. You can ask me for anything but not time. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
Politicians are rarely remembered or credited for the quagmires that they successfully avoided. That should change…
If you want a dog in Washington, buy a friend. Or is it the other way around?
Peace is just war in slow motion.
I wish I wrote this paper. #SixWordPeerReview
A clear accept to a different conference. #SixWordPeerReview
No apology needed, you want a job. ..#SixWordPeerReview
Problem was open because nobody cared. #SixWordPeerReview
Following recent events, I feel that our understanding of adversarial computational models had greatly improved, and I would like to suggest a few new models:
- All knowing adversary with unbounded computational power would be known as very weak NSA adversary.
- A very weak NSA adversary equipped with secret courts, and unbounded budget is a weak NSA adversary.
- A weak NSA adversary that answers any query with automatic labelling of a traitor is an insecure weak NSA adversary.
- An insecure weak NSA adversary with backdoors into your Turing machines is an NSA adversary.
- An NSA adversary that wipes your memory every time you think about the NSA is a strong NSA adversary.
- A strong NSA adversary that improves the security of anything in any way is a snark NSA adversary.